Here are more reflective questions (this time from Learning Media’s The Quality Journey):
- “Are we supporting our Maori children well? How can we do better?
- Are we communicating and working in partnership with Maori in the community (parents/whanau, kaumatua, kuia)?
- Do we know the views of Maori on how our service is working?
- What can we learn from Maori values and beliefs in the context of our service?
- Do we understand the protocols of the local hapu/iwi?
- How can we effectively incorporate te reo and tikanga Maori into our daily experiences?
- Are we promoting non-discriminatory behaviour and cultural sensitivity in general?” (p.6)
Ref: Ministry of Education (1999) The Quality Journey: He Haerenga Whai Hua: Improving Quality in Early Childhood Services. Learning Media Limited: Wellington